What does it do?
The Steering Committee functions similar to a board of directors. They provide overall support, vision, and guidance to the Collaborative. They help guide the host partner, WV Rivers Coalition, in all aspects of the Collaborative, including providing assistance with researching funding opportunities, guiding short-term objectives, and developing long-term strategies for sustaining the Collaborative.
- June 25th, 2020 - Watch the webinar or view the presentation. Discuss the results from our recent "Planning for Success" survey. This webinar is in preparation for our upcoming strategic planning process that we'll be undertaking in 2020-2021 and contains valuable insight into our collective experience with strategic plans & processes.
- May 28th, 2020 - Watch the webinar or view the presentation. Discussed the results from our recent "Skills & Interests" Survey. We will be hosting another webinar next month on Thursday, June 25th at 10:00am regarding strategic planning.
- March 26th, 2020 - Meeting Notes. Watch the full webinar here. We had ~40 people in attendance to review what the Collaborative accomplished in 2019 and what we look to accomplish in 2020. Documents shared at the meeting included: Operations Guide (final draft), Collaborative Funding Update, GIS Prioritization Model (v1) Summary, Landowner Outreach Matrix (CONFIDENTIAL), and the BMP Toolkit (final draft) - Conservation Survey & Educational Brochure. A follow-up survey on the webinar indicate an interest in additional webinars in the future - full results here.
- February 7th, 2020 - Meeting Notes. The Steering Committee met to review all of the major updates since we last met in September 2019. We formally approved adding a Programmatic Milestone for accomplishing our state's Watershed Implementation Plan. Michelle Audie from the EPA's Source Water Program gave a presentation on Strategic Planning. Brandy Espinola with University of Maryland Environmental Finance Center discussed opportunities for a full-day workshop for water utilities.
- September 18th, 2019 - Meeting Notes. WV Rivers Coalition gave a presentation on the Safe Water Conservation Collaborative's mission of "Protecting Land to Protect Drinking Water Supplies" to set the tone for the meeting. The workgroups and steering committee had breakout discussion and took notes on their next steps. The results of a post-meeting survey have insights into the success of the meeting.
- January 24th, 2019 - Meeting Notes. There were presentations from WV Rivers Coalition & Collaborative partners, Potomac Conservancy on Watershed Conservation, and Chesapeake Conservancy on Applying Chesapeake-Wide Research to West Virginia.